Thursday, January 05, 2006

Flagstaff

I have no photos for today, mostly because the camera is down in the car, and it's too fucking cold out to go get it. Yes, we have changed climate zones. We are in the fabulous Days Inn in fabulous Flagstaff, with free wireless. Huzzah! It is almost midnight and I'm fucking exhausted. The cootie count is high and I've bene popping vitamin C a lot.

Miles traveled: 757.4
Hours traveled: a bazillion
Coffee stops: 1 coffee, 1 hot chocolate. Review: the coffee was the reliable gas station standard--the bottled starbucks frapp. It was sunny when we started out and I was feeling so perky and excited that more was not necessary. Just take the head ache away, please. The hot chocolate was in the scary town of Barstow, deep in the ugliest part of serial killer California. Not Chevron, and therefor not as delicious as it could have been. Ash proved to be someone lacking in trucker skillz and managed to not take his hand off the button in time, and spill hot chocolate everywhere. I mocked him ;-)

Worst lines of the day: While almost taking the wrong exit onto I-5 south---"Oh, sorry, I saw Fresno and got all excited" Me
Ash, upon seeing our fabulous sea-foam tiled bathroom--"Wow, it's like a horror movie! You could kill someone and just clean up all the blood" I will definately post a photo of the bathroom--it is too silly to be believed.

Um.
That was freaky.

6 Comments:

Blogger z said...

Welcome to Blogger monti!! Nice to see you here. I can finally commment on your postings as myself. :))

4:36 PM  
Blogger z said...

ahhhh, that feels nice.

4:36 PM  
Blogger z said...

anyways... this is too freaky but the poster of the woman in the green dress (Tamara de Lempicka - Young Girl With Gloves (1929)) that your co-pilot is sporting in his apartment - i have that as a painting! I bought it this past fall at a small gallery in downtown santa cruz. i didn't even know the artist or what it was called until i saw it on the photo you posted. DAMN! Now that is weird!!

4:39 PM  
Blogger z said...

send your co-pilot my regards and tell him he has a good taste in art! ;-)

4:39 PM  
Blogger monti said...

Totally wacky. I guess Ash had only hung that poster up the same day. Do you own the original painting?

3:17 AM  
Blogger z said...

i seriously doubt it. ;)

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home