Thursday, June 01, 2006

EXTREME!

Today I was itching for both a drive and a hike, so I shelved the "landform" mission from Arches NP, and spent a lovely hour singing loudly with the breeze in my hair as I headed to the Needles section of Canyonlands NP. EXTREME!
Yet another scenic photo. I'm sure you guys are sick of these by now, but I just can't get over the fact that this area feels like it was created to by my own personal playground. I couldn't ask for better. Except for maybe a bouncy castle.

Lost Canyon (cue Disney's animatronic haunted house demonic laughter). All this sign needs is a cow skull.

But we'll have to settle for a chillin' lizard instead.

A rather shy blackwidow in her nest near my lunch spot. EXTREME! She must have been feeling bloated or something, because she wasn't about to come out and flash her colors for me.



A ladder that was a necessary part of the hike. EXTREME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home